Monday, December 9, 2013

Dividend Increase: VTR

Ventas (VTR) is increasing its quarterly dividend by 8.2%, from $0.67 to $0.725 per share (news release). The dividend increase is effective with the December payment and represents the second increase in 2013 (there was an 8.1% increase back in February). Given that I own 40 shares of VTR, my quarterly dividend increases from $26.80 to $29.00 and my yield on cost becomes 5.17%. The extra $8.80 in annual dividend income raises my forward 12-month dividend total to $3,861.

6 comments:

  1. Just saw this, too. Gotta love multiple raises in the same year. Boo yah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warrior: It was a pleasant surprise. However, I wonder if they just moved up the increase for the first quarter of 2014; if so, then it is unclear when the next increase might be.

      Delete
  2. Good News! Thanks to you I am also owner of Ventas. Best regards Pär, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pär: Yes, it's good news for all of us who are shareholders of VTR!

      Delete
  3. Two 8% raises in one year? I need to take a look at this one. I think I might be in the market for a REIT next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CI: Yes, it's nice to see management being generous to shareholders. However, I wonder if this means the next dividend increase won't be until late 2014.

      Delete