Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dividend Increase: MCD

McDonald's (MCD) is increasing its quarterly dividend by 10.0%, from $0.70 to $0.77 per share, putting the company on track for its 36th consecutive year of dividend growth. Given that I own 50 shares of MCD, my quarterly dividend increases from $35.00 to $38.50, which will add an extra $14.00 to my annual dividend income. This dividend increase also boosts my yield on cost to 3.45%. Thus far this year, there have been dividend increases for 19 of the 22 dividend growth stocks in my portfolio. I'm lovin' it!

On an unrelated note, this is my 100th post since starting this blog. I have found this blog to be great for keeping track of my investments, staying disciplined about my investing strategy, and interacting with like-minded investors. Thank you to everyone who has visited (my total visit count recently passed 20,000) and shared their thoughts about investing!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a raise and your 100th post DGM!

    May you continue to prosper and provide inspiration.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dividend Mantra: Thanks! I appreciate you being a regular visitor to my blog. Best wishes on your investing, too!

      Delete
  2. A 10% raise is fantastic, no complaints from me! This is the first increase since I became an owner of MCD and is surely not the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compounding Income: I agree -- I'm happy with a double-digit raise from any of my companies!

      Delete