Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Book Review: The Strategic Dividend Investor

The Strategic Dividend Investor (2011) by Daniel Peris

This book provides a decent introduction to dividend-growth investing. The author presents the argument that long-term investment in the stocks of companies that pay increasing dividends can provide strong returns. He offers a few guidelines for implementing the strategy, but I found this part of the book to be lacking -- I came away with very little practical information that I had not already seen elsewhere. Perhaps part of the reason for this is that he recommends that individuals get a broker to do their investing, but I disagree with this recommendation because I think many people are capable of building and managing dividend-growth portfolios on their own. Besides the discussion of dividend-growth investing, the author has a substantial digression on the day/swing trading mentality that is prevalent nowadays, but I didn't care much for it.

Note: I read this book in July 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment